Add time synchronicity to your .NET applications.
Rebex Time for .NET uses SNTP and NTP protocols to enable your program to get the exact time from time servers over the Internet. Keep all the computers in your multi-tier application synchronized with an atomic clock to get rid of problems with different local clocks. The most common operation - getting time from the time server and synchronize local computer time with it - takes only one line of code.
Get the exact time from an atomic clock
SNTP and NTP protocols enable your program to get the exact time from public time servers over the Internet. You can keep all the computers in your multi-tier application synchronized with an atomic clock to get rid of problems with different local clocks. Get an exact time-value for your time-critical database entries.
Single line of code to synchronize with time server
The Rebex Time for .NET component is designed with ease of use in mind. The most common operation - geting time from the time server and synchronize local computer time with it - takes only one line of code:
// synchronize local time with time server
Complete control over comunication with SNTP or NTP server
Rebex Time for .NET client library supports SNTP and NTP version 3, 4. Advanced features of the component enable you to use both sync and async operation mode, gain direct access to all NTP packet fields, use different server port and more.
Time for .NET works on all major .NET Framework implementations. No need to learn new API when going mobile. Synchronize your iPaq time with atomic clock with the sample application.
Source and code NUnit tests available
Want to know what is really happening inside? Get automated test suite for NUnit and full c# source code.
- Works with both SNTP and NTP servers
- Works with all commonly used time protocols i.e. SNTP and NTP version 3 and 4
- Fully compliant with RFC 2030
- SNTP protocol implemented in 100% portable C#
- Setting local time is platform dependent. Time for .NET includes implementation for Microsoft .NET Framework, and Mono on Windows
- Callable from C#, VB.NET and all other .NET languages
- High-level, easy-to-use synchronous interface
- Asynchronous interface for applications with custom threading models
- Direct access to all NTP packet fields
- Integrates NTP and .NET time formats
- Uniform and comprehensive error handling with .NET exceptions
- Thoroughly documented, in both online help and in hyperlinked MSDN Windows Help format
- Sample programs in C# and VB.NET show usage on both Windows and Windows CE, including the platform- and language-dependent code to set system time
- Extensively tested, accompanied by NUnit tests
- Brand: ReBex
- Product Code: RebexTime
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Rebex Time